Lixouri is the second largest village of Kefalonia, located 30 km west of Argostoli. Today, it counts on 3000 inhabitants most of whom are engaged in agriculture and tourism. The town lies around the blue bay of Argostoli overlooking the capital. Regular
ferries connect the two destinations. The beautiful town of Lixouri was built on the site where the ancient city of Pali used to be, one of the four principal cities of Kefalonia during Antiquity. Due to the major earthquake of 1953 the city was destroyed
and only a couple of mansions survived and can still be seen today.