Buildings of an amazing architecture dating back to the “Golden Age of Tobacco” (1925—1935).
The “Papastrateio” Municipal Park.
The "Papastrateios” Municipal Library created in 1964 and including an art hall.
The Archaeological Museum exposing findings from the whole Prefecture (Prehistoric to Roman Period) and housed in a building donated by Papastratos brothers.
The Folklore museum with exhibits associated with the period between 1821 and1920.
The copse and church of Aghios Christoforos located on a hill slope and offering a panoramic view of the plain.
The "Two Streams", a little gorge full of plane trees and springs near the hill.
The village Megali Chora with the church to Virgin Mary and a minaret the period of the Turkish occupation.
The majestic gorge of Kleisoura (20 km S on the central route to Messolonghi). The monastery of Aghia Eleousa which is built on a rock is at the southern entrance of the gorge.
The villages of Ano Vlochos and Angelokastro, where Byzantine ruins have been discovered.
The lake of Trichonida, the biggest one in Greece (97 km2) located between Panaetoliko and Arakynthos. Trichonida Lake is of great ecological interest.
The monastery of Katerinou (18th century) on mount Arakynthos.
The Hydroelectric power plant of Kastraki Dam, 15 km NW, and the Dam of Kremasta related to the hydroelectric power-production station of the Greek Public Power Corporation.
The archaeological site of Stratos (12 km NW) on the western bank of Acheloos river. The fortified town was the capital of Akarnania. You can still see the ruins of a large theater and the unfinished temple of Stratios Zeus.