Analipsis Hersonissou is a beautiful coastal village of 1000 permanent residents, loca 20 km from Heraklion city and only 5 minutes west of Hersonissos port.
In the past, during the period of Turkish Occupation, the region was named "Svourou Metohi" and it was the place of Turkish abode, of whose occupation was stock farming and agriculture. Later, in the "Metoxi", residents of Plateau Lasithimporarily lived which
came to the region for agricultural or stock farming work. The name Analipsi was given in the village at 70's by the scenic church of Ascension of Jesus Christ which was completed in 1896.